Catering Sales Manager
The Catering Sales Manager (CSM) is responsible for the overall sales execution of catering objectives for all BSBC Zaxby’s locations. In this key leadership role, the Catering Sales Manager will support the Market Development Manager (MDM) by managing large catering initiatives and by growing sales through established and future community partners.
Supervision Received and Exercised
Reports to the Market Development Manager and owners, exercises direct supervision of up to 5 catering coordinators.
Essential Job Functions
Essential duties may include, but are not limited to the following;
- Assist with implementation and training of catering into BSBC Zaxby’s locations
- Maintain current training tools related to Catering and implement systems to organize special events
- Be the contact between BSBC Zaxby’s locations and above store management regarding Catering and Special Events
- Offer support and training as necessary to General Managers and above store management for BSBC Zaxby’s locations
- Support Market Development initiatives as they relate to Catering
- Execute the strategy and vision for the catering business to increase catering sales within assigned territory
- Maintain established community partnerships as it relates to Market Development programs, and catering sales initiatives.
- Be a catering leader and role model for all team members.
- Update and keep accurate notes within CRM to provide visibility into activities and to maintain accurate customer database.
- Route each order to a specific restaurant, follow-up with location prior to catering production / delivery to ensure flawless execution, follow up with the client, and conduct post-delivery satisfaction surveys.
- Create and improve process and procedures that increase third party delivery at all locations.
· Ability to work collaboratively across multi-functional teams and franchise environments.
- Experience in marketing a consumer product or service in an industry that demands speed, flexibility and fast returns.
Non-Essential Job Functions
1. Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. overhead
2. Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations
- Communicating with others
- Reading and writing
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years relevant catering sales/operations experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, energetic, goal oriented, Presentation Skills & Detail Oriented
- Zaxby’s Final Manager Certified
- ServSafe Certified
- Experience working with/developing training materials
- Provide track record of success.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to embrace and learn new skills
- Monday – Sunday (45 to 50 hours per week) *Hours will vary based on demand of initiatives
- Office environment; work with computer and office equipment
- Restaurant environment; work with advanced kitchen and front-of-house operational equipment; hazardous conditions.
- Essential job functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for standing, walking or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Travel 60-80%